Actual Header

Friday, January 4, 2013

Merlin: The End of the Beginning

Merlin has ended. One of the most beautiful shows I've ever watched is finished. I watched the last episode a few hours after it was shown in the UK on Christmas Eve. I cried. Sorta. It was sad.
So to talk about the ending, I'm going to talk about the beginning. "The very beginning".

The show starts with a young "boy" walking towards a castle. He walks into this beautiful city and then progresses to the castle court. It happens that an execution is occurring. A man is beheaded for what the king calls "the use of magic". A woman comes from the crowd screaming and crying. The man they killed was her son. She disappears using magic and swears she will gain revenge upon King Uther. Anyway, I don't want to tell you the whole story, but eventually Merlin starts working at the castle as Prince Arthur's servant. They are hilarious together because they hate each other in the beginning and continue that pretense for almost the whole show, but everyone can tell that they really do care about what happens to the other. It is also revealed that Merlin is to protect Arthur and help him build the kingdom where magic is free again. (Under Uther it's illegal)

Morgana (also called Morgane le Fay in the legends) starts off in the show as Uther's sort of adopted daughter. And she is EPIC!!!



Gwenivere starts the show off as a servant. Weird I know, but it works out well.



Anyway, if you aren't clear about what I'm trying to say, then let me say it. You should go watch this show. I know that most of you haven't, but you all have watched Robin Hood and this show ties with Robin Hood on my list. And it's a BBC show. How bad can it be. YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT!!!!!

Anyway, I watched the last episode a couple of weeks ago and it was sad. REALLY sad. Lets just say that if I ever see an old man that looks like a certain hobo, or if a king ever comes to the throne that looks anything like Arthur, I'm not responsible for anything I might do. (i.e. plane tickets to Britain, bringing the old man to my house ect ect) I'll be making a video as a tribute to Merlin soon. Although it wont be getting done until next month because I'm not using a Christian song in it and I took a challenge to only listen to Christian music this month. So yeah.

Anyway LONG LIVE MERLIN!

~ Aloisa Quintal

8 comments:

  1. *sobs thinking about Robin Hood* How many episodes total are there in Merlin? TV shows tend to be difficult to negotiate with parents on account of their length... But we might be able to make it work. Although I don't think it'll tie with RH for me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know...It was pretty good... :D You're probably right though.

      Delete
  2. *gasps*
    And I'm in the middle of watching Gwaine (season 3) at this very moment. =P
    Good timing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good episode. LOVE it! SORRY IF I SPOILED ANYTHING!!! My posts really aren't spoiler proof.

      Delete
  3. There were 65 episodes total. That means I spent approximately 48 hours, 45 minutes of my life watching Merlin (not counting things like fan videos or bloopers). Two days total. And yet it feels like so much more....
    That thing about not being responsible for your actions was funny. I think I'm going to have to start keeping a closer eye on you.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, you do that. Then you'll be responsible for my actions. :P Actually if I find Merlin or Arthur I'll have to call you and you'll have to come over. :P

      Delete
  4. I love this show, probably because it is about friends. I am on series two and dreading the ending because I know how it all ends. (Poor Merlin.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, don't stop just because you dread the ending. It's well worth it. :P

      Delete