Actual Header

Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Mark of Athena: Disappointment...

Hey guys!

So if you're like me and addicted to Percy Jackson you know that the Mark of Athena came out 3 weeks ago. If you're not like me and addicted to Percy Jackson, then you have no idea what the Mark of Athena is...Well the Mark of Athena is the third book in the second Percy Jackson series by Rick Riordan. If you know me then you know I'm am obsessed with Percy Jackson. Naturally I went to the bookstore and waited for it to open on the day this book came out while I was dressed in Camp Half-Blood get up. I also did THREE school days in one so I'd have two whole days to read the book.

Well, I started reading it and honestly I was seriously upset. Practically ALL the characters in the book (there are 7 main characters) are paired up into relationships. It was seriously annoying. We didn't get a good monster fight till halfway into the book. (I mean come on!) Okay, after the first half of the book was over, the book was fine. It was pretty much a good PJ book after the first bit, BUT it took FOREVER to get away from all the "Oh I love you!" or "I missed you" or "Hold me..." *Gags* it was really annoying because ALL the characters were mixed up in some relationship! I don't know. I'm still a PJ geek and I'll always be obsessed, but I wasn't very impressed with this book. The ending was pretty cool, (if you're planning on reading it, you might want to skip this next bit...) it was one of Rick Riordan's cliff hangers. LITERALLY! It ended with Annabeth and Percy hanging on the edge of a pit and then falling in. The pit of Tartarus. Which was actually a pretty good plot twist in my opinion.

Anyway, I wasn't too happy with this book, but the second half was pretty awesome. So I can't wait for the next book (have to wait a WHOLE year... *groan*) But I wouldn't give this book as high a rating as the other PJ books.

~ Aloisa Quintal

No comments:

Post a Comment