Actual Header

Thursday, November 13, 2014

I Can't Even...

Hello Dreamers,

So you may or may not recall that I've mentioned Her Interactive's Nancy Drew PC Game series once or twice... You may also be aware that I'm a bit of a fan (the only video games I'm guilty of playing these days... haha).

Well apparently the actress that voices Nancy (Lani Minella) posted these on twitter this week:

As you can imagine, it's created quite the outcry in Her Interactive fans... Especially since Her will only answer people with this generic response at the moment (Actually, I'm fairly proud of them for responding to some of these angry responses at all... but that's Her for you. Great customer service and fan support...):


And whoever posted this is awesome:

"Half of the Clue Crew right now:

image

The other half:

image"

And that dog picture is not an exaggeration. There are these pictures floating around:

imageimage
(I'm not up on the Hunger Games stuff... are these from the new trailers for Mockingjay?)

People are signing petitions and... it's getting ugly...

As for me... I'm like that ice cream picture... 

I guess we've come to the moment where we can all be sure, it'll never be like it used to be. Rest in peace my beautiful childhood. 

 

...

But the real question is what changes is Her talking about? 


They said they are trying to get a bigger fan base. Is Nancy gonna die? Are they taking a darker more mature route? Will Nancy marry Ned? Are they going to give Nancy a face? *horrified scream* What could they possibly do to get a bigger audience?

What happens after Game 32?


~ Aloisa Quintal
"I'm not the jealous type. Also I'm in jail. And would like to get out." - Nancy Drew, ASH 


BTW, I just found this picture and... it's pretty awesome.



8 comments:

  1. WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?????????????????

    That is all I can think of to say. :-O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Firstly, A+ gif usage.

    Secondly, yes, the "If we burn, you burn with us" video is from the newest Mockingjay trailer (it's a big deal because that's one of the most beloved and famous quotes from the book).

    Thirdly, WHOA. It almost sounds like she was fired because of these "diff things" that Her is supposedly planning. I doubt Nancy will die, since that irritating automatic Her response is talking about a new voice actress, so...... maybe they just want somebody younger or more relatable-sounding?

    Or hey, maybe my "I accuse you, Nancy Drew!" plan is coming to life, so they need someone who can sound tortured, unsure, and insane!

    Yeah, probably not.

    Fourthly, I never fail to get deeply annoyed by companies trying to get a "bigger audience", since that's essentially the stupidest thing ever. Because think about it: I got into Nancy Drew games through you, and probably that's where most of their growth has come from up to this point, through word-of-mouth recommendations. Now, if they change too much about the games, their dedicated fanbase that keeps them in business might very well stop purchasing new games because they hate the changes. Heck, they might already have lost regular players just by changing the voice actress. So essentially they're alienating their existing fanbase and very possibly losing that audience in the hopes of attracting a new audience that they might very well fail to attract.

    You know what happens when TV shows try to "appeal to a bigger audience"? Frequently, they get cancelled, because the existing audience vanishes and the new audience never shows up. Her might be accidentally killing itself.

    Morons.

    Fifthly, I don't quite know how to feel about that Doctors composite. I feel like it looks like some actor...... but I don't know who......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?!? I totally can't figure out who that composite looks like, but I know it's somebody. Heratio Hornblower maybe? Eh...

      Glad I can rely on somebody else to keep me up to date on the HG stuff...

      And I totally agree with everything you said.

      Delete
    2. If you look up Horatio, it's a pretty close fit...

      Delete
    3. Just realized it's missing a Doctor. It should be all 13 Doctors. They forgot the War Doctor.

      Delete
  3. Aw, the disappointment of changes. Always hard to deal with.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello again! It's been a while...

    Totally though...

    ReplyDelete