Actual Header

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Sherlock Season 3 Episode 2: The Sign of Three

Originally Posted 1/29/14 7:51 AM PDT

Hello Dreamers,


Hm...What to say about this episode. I'm going to admit that I'm at loss for words. But let's jump in anyway...

Synopsis:
As I hinted at the end of my last review, this episode featured John and Mary's wedding. John (of course) asked Sherlock to be his best man, which put Sherlock in the awkward position of making a best man speech. (Which turns out being pretty awesome...) Sherlock uses his speech to review some of the cases they've "solved" more recently. (I say "solved" because really the cases he's reviewing end up getting solved at the wedding) That's really the short explanation of it.

Acting:
Nothing to complain about here. The actors are brilliant, I love them all... (Well, I guess I should say I love their acting skills, because the actual people...Well let's just say that Martin is rather interesting...) I absolutely LOVE what Mary adds to the Sherlock and John duo. She's awesome!

Quality:
The quality is of course fantastic, again though this episode had a different over all feel to it. (Which is kinda expected seeing as how the whole thing is at a wedding...)

Content Advisory:
Sherlock and John have a bachelor party at which they get drunk...Which...I'm not exactly sure how I feel about that. It's also weird because a client comes asking for help with a case that at first seems rather dumb. Because Sherlock is out of it, he takes the case. While he's "solving" the case, we get to see what his deduction powers look like when they don't work...It's just weird...

The other thing is Molly. Yes I know. I don't want to have to say anything about my Molly. But, unfortunately, I do. Sherlock asks her how her and Tom are doing. (Which was hilarious btw) Of course she responds that they're doing fine, but then she adds something that....(in my opinion) really killed her character. We loved Molly because she was innocent and had a childlike crush for Sherlock that was...perfect. Well her innocence is gone. And in doing so, BBC killed her. :'( Also, the way that she treats Tom at the wedding is...upsetting. I mean, sure I get that she still likes Sherlock, but does that mean that she should treat the man who's given her his heart like crap? No! Yes, the unimaginable has happened. I feel bad for Tom. The same Tom that last week I called Lord Voldemort. Do I like him? No! He's given me no reason to. But I still feel bad for him. That was one of the reasons I stopped watching Agents of Shield. I was so afraid they were going to ruin FitzSimmons (by my standards) that I stopped watching in order to freeze two brilliant characters in my mind. Long live the old Molly. </3

Also this woman is annoying:


Three Fandom Points. Which is sad. Very sad.





~ Aloisa Quintal
"High-functioning sociopath. With your number. *grin*"

No comments:

Post a Comment