Actual Header

Monday, January 13, 2014

A New Rating System


Hey Guys!

Over the next year, one of my goals is to be slightly more accurate and organized in my movie review posts. I've noticed an inconsistency in my movie ratings, and it's starting to bother me. For instance, I gave The Sea of Monsters a 7/10 and Star Trek into Darkness only a 8/10. Seriously, The Sea of Monsters should probably not be rated that high. Sorry Percy, but I'm kinda revolting against your fandom.

I've also been having some serious problems understanding my own rating scale, as I feel like having 10 different categories for movies is a lot of different levels to put them at. Like, was the Croods really better than Oz? I'm not really sure... Here, you can see yourself:
I just am not comfortable with my own ratings. (I know, you're all asking when I've ever been comfortable with my own decisions). Well what ever. As of now, I'm changing it. And let's get creative shall we? From now on I'm rating my movies with the fandom united symbol. Allow me to explain.
 
There. Now I feel better. In order to remain consistent, I'm going to add the new rating system to my old reviews:
  • The Hunger Games - Even after a rewatch (probably will post about that sometime soon. It vindicated itself in my eyes slightly), I'm having a hard time rating this like an average movie. So for now, it will remain without one.
  • Brave - 3 Fandom Points
  • Arthur Christmas - 3 Fandom Points, even though we now have a tradition of watching it every Christmas...
  • Wreck It Ralph - 3 Fandom Points
  • Rise of the Guardians - 4 Fandom Points
  • The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey - 5 Fandom Points
  • Jack the Giant Slayer - 4 Fandom Points
  • Oz the Great and Powerful - 3 Fandom Points
  • Star Trek: Into Darkness - 5 Fandom Points
  • The Croods - 3 Fandom Points
  • Percy Jackson: The Sea of Monsters - 3 Fandom Points
  • Thor: The Dark World - 5 Fandom Points
I tried to remain faithful to my old reviews. Hope that all seems to be in order.

Lately I've also been reviewing through different categories. I'm going to continue with that and hopefully every review will consist of a General Synopsis, Acting, Movie Quality, Content Advisory, and a Rant section. Something like that. (Don't worry, I'm not getting super strict about it. Just making a general guideline. "They're more like guidelines anyway.")

Anyway, sorry if this was totally boring for all of you, just had to inform you of the changes coming.

~ Aloisa Quintal
"We figured they were more guidelines then actual rules."
 


7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha, thanks. It's really just a bunch of housekeeping stuff. Not really that interesting. But thanks anyway. :D

      Delete
    2. Well I'm still kind of geeking out about the fandom symbol thingymergiggy. That arrow through the middle...

      Delete
    3. I know! I was like ROBIN HOOD!!!!!!! Though I have a feeling whoever made it meant for that to be the Hunger Games...Seriously though that is not the Hunger Games arrow. It's not silver. So it's Robin Hood. :-)

      Delete
    4. NOT HUNGER GAMES AAAAAAAAAHHHH. ;-) IT IS ROBIN HOOD. IT MUST BE.

      Delete
  2. It is good to have a system which works for you. And if you like it then that is all that matters 8-D (The Hobbit got a high rating, I am happy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Yeah I like this one much better...Just cuz it makes more sense...At least, that's the way I felt. LOTR forever. <3

      Delete